Sunday, January 31, 2010

A tranquil day at Devils Bluff

I didn't have much hope for flying this day, but while we were washing and putting the kayak gear away, I felt a distinctive breeze on the back of my neck. My intuition was right - Waddell had turned on, not much but enough.
We rallied up there setup. Ryan John and Dave were flying. I had a quick testfly to see what the air was like, then came back down to get Jess.

John got a set of really nice shots, while Dave and I shared the air. Thanks John !

You can see John's blog here. Jess was really happy with the 15 mins flight, we got to fly with her favorite birds, Pelicans !

2 comments:

treykropp said...

Nice Ben. Whats up with all the pelicans I've been seeing on the coast? They have been acting really strange too.

wind burns & earth turns said...

Hmmm dunno, there are many... some are migrating, some resident.