Friday, January 8, 2010

An easy day

An easy day to screw up :) Race conditions prevailed today, staying up was easy. Getting to goal quickly was the trick. Teammate Len did well there, taking the last start gate and almost catching us all up.

The day looked good straight out of the briefing. Here are our lovely hosts Vicki and Greg on the cart train.Getting ready, in 30mins we will be 7000ft up under the clouds.
And here we are, getting ready for the 2pm 10km start gate. I had a good start crossing 8 seconds after the clock, at cloud base. It doesn't get much better than that. I was flying with Blay and Atilla. It wasn't long before they left me. I made a few decisions today that slowed me down. Fast days are not my strength. Here is team mate Guy coming into land. The winds were light(ish) and variable. There were some interesting "arrivals" at goal today.

No comments: