Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Flying Wet in Newcastle

I travelled up to Newcastle last weekend to visit Tinks, Monica and Scott. Scott very kindly very kindly lent me Monica's glider and took me flying, even though it was raining on and off! Newcastle has many sites close by coastal and in land. It is not that far from Manilla. The famous one is Merewether, there are also some dunes south of Redhead, where you can launch and fly upto these bluffs. Scott was flying a Sting3 and me a Moyes XT. It wasn't long before the next big rain cell came in. You can get an idea of the size by the tankers in the left of the picture. Fortunately we were flying dacron gliders :)
The XT is not known for its' handling qualities, but it didn't change much between dry and drenched. I've never flown in torential rain before ! Many thanks for the new experience :)

No comments: