Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to Gulgong

Another big day yesterday (task 4). 121 miles. There were some gnarly thermals ripping through launch yesterday. Its the first time I've seen a glider forced down to the ground from 100 feet. Luckily the pilot was only concussed. The Oz report has more detail.

Here are some of the tracks from the last two comps, starting to cover quite a bit of south eastern Australia. Here is a tip I picked up in Gulgong last year. Write down the task on a roll of masking tape. Then stick it to the base tube. This came in handy yesterday when I miss programmed my GPS to Gulgarg, instead of Gulgong. I would have noticed anyway with the goal being 200 miles away instead of 80, but its a good tip anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job on your tasks Ben! Dropped from 100'?! Sounds like some intense flying.. Fly Fast (& safe!)
Ryan