Saturday, September 19, 2015

snorkelling in Fort Bragg

Last weekend, we went on our first family camping trip. We went with our neighbors upto Fort Bragg, an area I've been meaning to check out for a while. It was a perfect time of year for it.


After driving around a bit, we stopped at the Botanical gardens and had a look around.

It's very well laid out in a very pretty spot, all the way to the water.


Seems like Maddy is cool with the camping idea.


The next morning we went and tried some snorkeling, I was happy that my wetsuit still fit :) We went in at a village called Elk.

Going out to explore around Gunderson rock. The weather was perfect, and our timing excellently coincided with Low tide and the morning light.

I took my GoPro out with me, but although it is waterproof it is not an underwater lens. All the pictures were blurry, so I decided to artzify  a few. 

The underwater scenery was vibrant, and while the visibility was not the best, it was probably well above average for this location.

I imagine most of the year its not very nice or easy to dive here as it is very exposed.

I'm keen to get back in the water a bit more regularly with a decent camera, or lens at least.

No comments: