Friday, May 16, 2014

Sierra Vista Open Space

A few weeks ago I went for a fun mountain bike ride from Alum Rock up through Sierra Vista Open Space, but never mind about that. Last Sunday was Mothers Day, Heidi's first, and she's been mentioning how she misses the biking seeing me ride to work most days. So having done a little reconnaissance - I figured the "perfect" ride would be across and down from the top, up at the aforementioned parks..
So Maddy and I dropped her off up top of Sierra Road, which is by far the nicest part. Single track with rolling grades in steep terrain, lots of wildflowers and great scenery.
And in a matter of weeks this will all be dried up and golden once again. So now is the time to enjoy it.

For Heidi it was mostly downhill.

With just some shady climbs. Different than the other direction! It was a little adventure for me too, being my first away solo time with Maddy. A little unhappy she was by the time we got to our rendezvous point. Note to self, 5 mins is too long to wait to feed her, hmmm well honestly I can relate ;)

There is a pretty neat old ranch tucked way back in the canyon.

For the Big ride, the turn around spot is a picnic in the middle of nowhere. However I was lucky enough to see a smallish mountain lion (what ever that cat movement is called - bound ?) disappear into the eucalyptus grove behind. Very cool to see up so close.


I took my tracker since I was alone and quite isolated. didn't see a single person for 3 hours. Just a city full of 985,000 people ;)

The signs on the entrance are so numerous now does anyone take the time to read them all, or even any of them?

No comments: