Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A day in Seattle

On a delayed flight to Seattle (a stop off to Fairbanks). Our path took us across some familiar landmarks, Mt Shasta,Crater Lakeand passed the 3 sisters & Mt Bachelor near Bend.
Since my layover was so long I went in to have a look round the city.
The only things I knew about Seattle is that it is home to the Space needle, starbucks & Microsoft. There's is nothing like jumping in feet first :)After breakfast at the Crumpet Shop, I headed over to the space needle, I had a look around the Science centre there. The two highlights were this seemingly spining globe (3 projectors cleverly synchronized onto an invisibly suspended white ball) it animated weather spin, weather, tides and Tsunamis. High coolness factor.
And the butterfly "Airium" did I just make that word up?
And darn it again my next flight also delay an hour, I would have had time for a pint in here after all !

No comments: