Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Castellane and Trigance

The local town here, Castellane, has lots of history and neat architecture. It sits on the Verdon river, which a number of rafting company use as a put in for the famous gorge run. It has a chaple up on top of the iconic rock. It is a typically medievel town with narrow streets, and lots of nooks and crannies. I will explore it more later. What a great town to call home. My parents also took me on a ride from the mouth of the Verdon gorge to Trigance.
Another medievil town in Haute Provence. The squares are exceedingly pleasant to hang out in.
And so folks do socialize outside in the evening, what great ambience. A little refreshment before the ride back. Mum surprized me by going for it down a pretty steep and lose ancient road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna go. I wanna go! I wanna go! - Tracey