Monday, August 31, 2015

touring Dinosaur National Monument

Day 1 we all headed up the mountain with dubious hopes of a flyable day. Pretty soon the weather closed in as expected. A few months ago I knew that with the strong El Nino building, the monsoon was likely going to remain strong late, but I was still keen to go because Dinosaur was new and a different and interesting place to be. I was happy with my choice despite that risk of not flying so much.


I was not dissapointed, just down the street there was a view point that a few of us walked to overlooking the green river canyon. I think is actually more scenic than the Grand Canyon. It's 4000 feet deep, has the confluence of two rivers, and many different rock types.

Breathtaking views looking west into the sunset.

Then to the north west is the confluence of the Yampa and Green rivers.

No comments: