Sunday, September 18, 2011

Santa Cruz Flats 2011 Day 1

I flew with my new SPOT device today. It worked fairly well considering I forgot about it and rolled it up in my harness bag and stuffed in in the leg pocket face down ... OOooops ;)

I landed short today, not by much, I walked my glider in the rest of the way! 700meters maybe ?

Jamie is blogging at http://santacruzflatsrace.blogspot.com/ There should be some scores up soon somewhere. I shall try and take some pictures tomorrow.

I am quite impressed with the Spot messenger service. It works as a satellite transponder so it sends location info back to the satellite. That info then lands on the internet, and can also be automatically sent out as text messages. Check it out below.

Day 1 Santa Cruz Flats Hang Gliding Race 2011


Share your Adventures with SpotAdventures

No comments: