Sunday, May 1, 2016

Goat in the San Benitos

Flying in the San Benitos can be amazing, but it is not for the faint of heart. The LZs are few and far between and roads are even more scarce, in fact I think there are really only 3 roads in the entire clear creek area, And lets not even talk about cell phone connectivity. However with proper geography homework, an experienced driver, reliable radios and the right weather this place can rock!
On this day Trey, myself and Ben R had some of these things ;)

We didn't fly very far or wide considering the weather, but it sure was fun. I do think it is the first time anyone has flown from the Hernandez Valley to the Panoche Valley. I did get hailed on a little, which made me switch to conservative mode, especially as I screwed up my radio. I glided into Paicines to avoid the OD and get some cellphone connection.

The day definitely shut down in places, but not everywhere. Better safe than sorry though :)

No comments: