Monday, January 17, 2022

Maddys first official ski lesson

We left in the darkness to arrive at Snowy Range Ski resort for Maddys first lesson. I chose there because of loathsome traffic on I70, relative ticket prices and the prospect of quieter lifts. I was wrong about the lifts, it was quite crowded that weekend. But we got lucky with the parking and the journey. I had ideas of snowboarding in the morning while Maddy had her lesson, then using my xc skis in the afternoon while we were all together. The meet up logistics were too cumbersome though and I stuck with the board. The snow was surprisingly good while thin.




On MLK day I skied Happy Jack Trails. It's a place I've had my eye on for Fat biking for a couple of years because the local club grooms the trails. Pretty day, awesome trails.

No comments: