Thursday, October 20, 2016

Half Moon Bay Pumpkins


It is funny to me that I have been driving passed the Arata farm for the best part of 20 years, never once stopped there even though I was always curious. Maddy has developed an enthusiasm for Pumpkins, so this rainy day we went and checked out the farm. After all Half Moon bay is famous for its pumkin growing.

The giant Straw maze was what always caught my eye - you can see it from the Hiway 1. 

We spent a good 1/2 hour lost in there I think. Although time went non-linear as the rain came down in sheets. It was fun having it almost to ourselves though, I couldn't imagine what it would be like with a few hundred people in there. 

Being a touristy farm it has a petting zoo, always a curiosity for Maddy.

Yeah pumpkins ! Or Punkies as Maddy says. And now the weather report from Poplar beach in Half Moon Bay

No comments: