Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year at Ano Neuvo

What better time to go to see the Elephant Seals at Ano Neuvo than New Years?

Heidis' brother and family were visiting it's a pretty spot regardless, the elephant seals are a bonus. There are only a few colonies in the world and this is mating season.

It has been really unseasonably warm and dry for a couple of weeks. Hard to complain about that - though the 4000Ib blubbery seals are having a hard time with it - getting overheated. 

I am sure that will change soon.

They can always go battle in the water like this guy.

Sometimes the water can be far away.

Some of the younger ones were still feisty. The black curve is from the binoculars I stuck my iPhone next to, which I used for all the pictures. I'm still impressed with what that little thing can do.

No comments: