Friday, December 4, 2009

moving out, moving on.

This adventure started a few weeks ago. I stopped by Paris and Toni after flying some Tandems from Mt Tamalpias, and the next day bought a trailer I had gone to look at. I didn't feel like I had done enough homework for the purchase but time was short and the time was now. I bought it after a bit on research, Santa Rosa seems to be a head quarters locally for cargo trailers (I say local but its 2.5 hours away). Anyway I drove away with it, and headed straight for Kragen to fix the electrics issue. I was expecting the 4 conductor connector. Thankfully the swiss army knife came through and moments later I was legal. I was a little worried about getting the thing up my driveway. It is a steep tight turn. Now I am worried about getting it down the driveway loaded without it pushing the back end of my truck into a Redwood. Mean while I am getting rid of lots of stuff, and packing the remainder of my things into the trailer. Some things are difficult to get rid of. Like all these postcards stuck to my fridge, sent in the last 4 years. And this historic pin board that hasn't seen the light of day since I moved in. Captured digitally is much more accessable, share-able and takes up far less space. I've even gotten rid of all but 2 photo albums, scanning them first (you may have seen some on facebook). Back in Europe, my Dad got some face time in this nice video from St Andre. He is flying a Tsunami, Rigid La Mouette (I think?)

Hangliding in Saint Andre Les Alpes - Oct-09 Mark Taggart

No comments: